Join the Sisters of the Sea
Do you want to become a member of the Sisters of the Sea?
Sisters of the Sea is a 501c3 non-profit organization. The group was founded in 1997 by eight wonderful women and has grown over the years to have more than 250 members.
Membership is a one time fee of $50. To join you may pay Sam@SistersoftheSea.org on pay pal or mail a check (made out to Sisters of the Sea) and a note with your name, address, email and birthday to: 184 Summerfield Drive, Ponte Vedra Beach, FL 32082
When you join, your membership card entitles you to the following discounts:
- Eidon Surf - Title Sponsor for 2019 Surf Classic- 25% off! www.Eidonsurf.com
- Aqua East Surf Shop- 15% off
- Bunso Paddle Company & Ding Repair, Jacksonville Beach, FL – 10% discount
- Xterra Wetsuits & Accessories 60% off
- LUV Surf Apparel, Online Only – 20% discount
- Ocean Style, Online Only – 25% discount
- Sunrise Surf Shop, Jacksonville Beach, FL – 15% discount
- Surfwiches Sandwich Shop, Jacksonville Beach, FL – 15% discount for online orders
- Sharkbanz 15% off
- Swell Wind Tide 20% discount
- Jax Surf & Paddle -15% off ( boards excluded)
During the warmer months, Sisters of the Sea may plan one or more beach clean-ups / surf sessions. The clean-ups are generally held at 16th Avenue South in Jacksonville Beach, FL at 9 AM. The location, date, and time is subject to change, so be sure to look for the emails or check Facebook.
We proudly host an annual surf contest, which benefits ‘Bosom Buddies’ at the Women’s Center of Jacksonville. ‘Bosom Buddies’ is a local not-for-profit organization that gives support to women and families that are affected by breast cancer. ‘Bosom Buddies’ reaches out to high-risk groups by conducting seminars and raising community awareness about breast cancer.
The Sisters of the Sea also puts on an annual surf event for breast cancer survivors in the May/June timeframe called Sisters & Survivors. This event brings us closer to our cause and is a wonderful experience for all involved. We always need volunteers on land and in the water for this event. Please let us know if you are interested in helping out.
If you are interested in being more active in the organization, please email Samantha at email@example.com for more information about being a member on our Wahine Board. The Wahine Board is responsible for all the planning and logistics for our events and generates innovative ideas to continue the club moving forward in a positive productive manner.
Samantha “Sam” Ryan
President, Sisters of the Sea